Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warlock videos of awesome.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eylia

Warlock videos of awesome. Empty
PostSubject: Warlock videos of awesome.   Warlock videos of awesome. EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 11:33 am

Video 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZgoWry5VeE

I told you I'd post it. Here's the lowdown, with some math I posted over in another forum.

The four-piece tier 5 set bonus increases the damage of your corruption spell by 10% per shadowbolt hit. In 3.0.2, affliction locks get a talent that allows them to refresh the timer on corruption through a shadowbolt or drain spell. This, in essence, allows for an infinite number of corruption ticks, with 110% of the previous tick each time you lay a shadowbolt on the mob.

Quote :
This is rough math, so feel free to correct me.

The Tier 5 bonus applies every time a shadowbolt hits. Assuming that you get all eight ticks of Corruption and a shadowbolt in before every tick, you'll only see 214% damage off of the original corruption. Recasting corruption breaks it as you're applying a NEW corruption and cancels out the effect of the armor on the new one. So, pre-beta, it's impossible to break the 214% corruption damage cap. Everlasting Affliction does not apply a new corruption, but rather resets the timer on the old one so that all affects placed on the first corruption still apply. And, with Empowered corruption, you do an extra 36% of your spell damage on top of that (edit: this is before improved corruption was changed to increase damage by percent, so there's now even more damage on top of this).

So, essentially, you're getting somewhere around 120+% of your previous corruption damage for every shadowbolt you nail a mob with until something happens and the corruption breaks.

So, yeah, need three more pieces of T5 before 3.0.2 hits. We have a week and a half. Gogo.

Also, this, for pure laughs:

Video 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xL6jjllza0

Back when 2.0 was on the PTR before Burning Crusade came out, there was a bug in the game that granted all warlocks the affect of seed of corruption instead of the actual spell. This meant that warlocks had an instant aoe with no cooldown, no mana cost, and a 60,000 yard range. This, obviously, wrecked everyone and they had to kill the server asap and cleared every warlock spell in the book. Oh, yeah, and you could use it while you were dead.
Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Warlock videos of awesome. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlock videos of awesome.   Warlock videos of awesome. EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 12:04 pm

BOO

TAG
Back to top Go down

Warlock videos of awesome.
Page 1 of 1